Tamilnadu e-Scholarship: Tamil Nadu Government inviting applications for Pre-Matric Scholarships and Post-Matric Scholarships. All the interested and eligible candidates can apply for this scholarship through an official website escholarshipdr.tn.gov.in. Eligibility details like education, age limit, income, etc. for the scholarship are provided below.
The benefit of schemes implemented for the welfare of BCs, MBCs, DNCs in Tamil Nadu is available only to those who are natives of Tamil Nadu and who belong to the castes included in the list of BCs, MBCs, and DNCs. Anyone who is not a native of Tamil Nadu is not entitled to any benefit from any scheme even if he belongs to a caste included in the list of BCs, MBCs & DNCs of Tamil Nadu. BC, MBC& DNC Welfare schemes are being implemented by district Collectors in the districts. He is assisted by District Backward Classes and Minorities Welfare Officer -Cum- Regional Manager Tamil Nadu Backward Classes Economic Development Corporation in the implementation of the schemes at the district level.
Tamilnadu e-Scholarship 2020 application process
Backward Classes Welfare Directorate, Government of Tamil Nadu, has started the Tamil Nadu e-Scholarship 2020 application process for the year 2020 in order to issue scholarships for the Pre-Matric and Post matric students those who are falling behind with financial support in having the good academic qualification.
Eligibility criteria for Tamilnadu e-Scholarship 2020
- The applicant must be a citizen of Tamil Nadu.
- The applicant should be from economically backward classes.
- Applicant must complete previous education from Govt. /Private recognized institutions.
- Applicants must and should have the valid marks certificates.
- The applicant’s annual income should not exceed Rs. 50,000/- (Rupees Fifty Thousand) per annum.
For Tamilnadu Pre-Matric Scholarships 2020:
The pre-matric scholarship is given to students from class 06th standard to the 10th Standard level.
For Tuition Fees:
Tamil Medium: In Tamil Nadu, no tuition fee is collected from the students irrespective of community/income studying in Tamil Medium from standards I to XII in Government/Aided schools. For them, education is offered free. Hence no amount towards tuition fees is sanctioned to BC/MBC/DNC students under the scholarship scheme.
English Medium: Since Tuition fees are charged for English Medium students, the following rates of Tuition fees are reimbursed to BC/MBC/DNC students as detailed below.
(i) Reimbursement of Tuition fees to students in Govt./Govt. Aided English Medium Schools
Following concessions are available to
- All MBC and DNC students without any condition
- BC students who belong to the non-graduate family and whose parental income does not exceed Rs.50,000/- per annum.
(ii) Reimbursement of Special Fees:
- VI to VIII Standards: For DNC students, Rs.14 per year for Boys and Rs.13 per year for girls is reimbursed by the Govt.
- IX and X Standards: For BC/MBC/DNC, Rs. 23.50 per year is reimbursed for boy students and Rs.22.50 per year for girls.
(iii) Examination Fees Reimbursement
The examination fee is fully reimbursed for X Standard for all BC/MBC/DNC students.
How to apply for Tamilnadu Pre-Matric Scholarship 2020
Applicants need not send any application form or not to apply online for Tamilnadu pre-matric scholarship 2020. The Headmaster is responsible for claiming reimbursement of Special fees from the District Backward Classes and Minorities Welfare Officer of the District.
Tamilnadu e-Scholarship application form for Pre-Matric Scholarship
- No Application form is necessary for availing any of the Tamilnadu Pre-Matric Scholarship. The reimbursable portion of special fees should not be collected by the school and the school headmaster is responsible for claiming reimbursement of special fees from the District Backward Classes and Minorities Welfare Officer of the District.
Tamilnadu Post-Matric Scholarship 2020
The Post-Matric scholarship is given to students from Plus 1 to Ph.D. level. Under this, Tuition fee, Special fees, Examination fees, Book money, Boarding, and Lodging are reimbursed at the rates included in the Scholarship Notification
- Parental annual income should not exceed Rs.50,000/- for BCs/MBCs/DNCs
- Minimum marks 40% for BCs/MBCs. No minimum marks are prescribed for DNCs.
Note: The amount sanctioned under Tamilnadu Post-Matric Scholarship schemes is very restricted in nature because of the limitations governing the scheme. However, under free education schemes, higher amounts are sanctioned to those fulfilling the conditions. Therefore the students are advised to explore the possibility of availing higher amounts under the liberalized Free Education Schemes. If the conditions imposed for free education schemes could not be fulfilled, then the students can attempt to apply for the regular Tamilnadu Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme.
Free Education Schemes:
Free Education Scheme is applicable to BC, MBC & DNC students studying in
- 3 Year Arts/Science Degree courses (B.A., B.Sc., B.Com, etc.,)
- 3 Year Polytechnic Diploma Courses
- Professional Degree courses (Medical, Engineering, Agriculture, Veterinary, Law, Indian Medicine, etc.,) (undergraduate only)
For BCs / MBCs/DNCs:
- Parental annual income should not exceed Rs.50,000/- p.a.
- Students should be the first graduate in the family.
For MBCs & DNCs
- No conditions in so far as the 3 year Degree Courses only (Viz BA, B.Sc., B.Com, etc), 3-year Polytechnic Diploma Course and Professional Degree Courses like Medical, Agricultural, Veterinary, Law, Indian Medicine, etc., conditions applicable to BC also applicable to MBC/DNC.
Nature of Concessions:
- Tuition fees, Special fees, Examination fees, Other Compulsory fees payable by the students to the institutions at the rate fixed by respective Departments are reimbursed to the students.
- The fees structure charged in Government Colleges alone will be sanctioned irrespective of the rates charged by other private Colleges.
- The approximate amount totally sanctioned to the students under free education schemes for various courses are indicated below for the general guidance of the students.
How to apply for Tamilnadu Post-Matric Scholarship 2020
Scholarship Application Form:
Scholarship Application Forms are centrally printed and supplied to the Educational Institutions by the District Backward Classes and Minorities Welfare Officers in the districts. The eligible BC/MBC/DNC students can therefore easily obtain the Scholarship forms free of cost and resubmit the filled in application forms directly to the Heads of Educational Institutions.
However, specimen copy of the Scholarship application forms is also made available on this website, which can be downloaded by the general public/students, in case of any difficulty in securing the printed scholarship applications from the Educational Institutions. Students are generally advised to apply for scholarships in the printed scholarship forms.
Tamilnadu e-Scholarship application form for Post-Matric Scholarship