TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus: Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) will conduct the Combined Civil Services Examination-IV in the state, for recruitment to eligible candidates under State Civil Services in Tamil Nadu. TNPSC Group 4 2022 notification for various vacancies will be released in the month of March 2022 and the exam may be in the last week of May / June 2022. The candidates appearing for TNPSC Group 4 exam 2022 should be aware of the examination pattern of the exam and syllabus. We are providing the details of the TNPSC Group 4 Exam Dates and Syllabus.
TNPSC Group 4 Exam 2022 – Important Dates
|TNPSC Group 4 Notification Publication||March 2022|
|Last date for submission of the application||April 2022|
|TNPSC Group Exam Date||May / June 2022|
|TNPSC Group Exam result||June / July 2022|
|TNPSC Group Certificate verification||August 2022|
TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus
GROUP-IV Examination (S.S.L.C. Standard)
General Studies – Topics for Objective type
UNIT-I General Science:
Physics – Nature of Universe-General Scientific laws-Inventions and discoveries-National scientific laboratories-Mechanics and properties of matter-Physical quantities, standards and units-Force, motion and energy magnetism, electricity and electronics -Heat, light, and sound.
Chemistry – Elements and Compounds- Acids, bases, and salts – Fertilizers, pesticides, insecticides.
Botany – Main Concepts of life science-Classification of living organismNutrition and dietetics-Respiration.
Zoology – Blood and blood circulation-Reproductive system-Environment, ecology, health and hygiene-Human diseases including communicable and non – communicable diseases – prevention and remedies-Animals, plants, and human life.
UNIT-II. Current Events:
History – Latest diary of events-national -National symbols-Profile of StatesEminent persons & places in news-Sports & games-Books & authors –
Awards & honors’-India and its neighbors.
Political Science –
- Problems in conduct of public elections
- Political parties and political system in India
- Public awareness & General administration
- Welfare-oriented govt. schemes, their utility.
Geography – Geographical landmarks
Economics – Current socio-economic problems
Science – Latest inventions in science & technology
UNIT- III. Geography:
Earth and Universe-Solar system-Monsoon, rainfall, weather & climateWater resources — rivers in India-Soil, minerals & natural resources-Forest
& wildlife-Agricultural pattern-Transport including surface transport & communication-Social geography – population-density and distribution natural calamities – Disaster Management.
UNIT – IV. History and Culture of India and Tamilnadu:
Indus valley civilization-Guptas, Delhi Sultans, Mughals, and Marathas-Age of Vijayanagaram and the bahmanis-South Indian history-Culture and Heritage of Tamil people-India since independence-Characteristics of Indian culture-Unity in diversity –race, colour, language, custom-India-as secular state-Growth of rationalist, Dravidian movement in TN-Political parties and populist schemes.
UNIT-V. Indian Polity:
Constitution of India–Preamble to the constitution- Salient features of constitution- Union, state and territory- Citizenship-rights amend duties Fundamental rights- Fundamental duties- Human rights charter- Union legislature – Parliament- State executive- State Legislature – assembly- Local
government – panchayat raj – Tamil Nadu- Judiciary in India – Rule of law/Due process of law-Elections- Official language and Schedule-VIIICorruption in public life- Anti-corruption measures –CVC, lok-adalats, Ombudsman, CAG – Right to information- Empowerment of womenConsumer protection forms.
UNIT-VI. Indian Economy:
Nature of Indian economy- Five-year plan models-an an assessment – Land reforms & agriculture-Application of science in agriculture-Industrial growth Rural welfare oriented programmers – Social sector problems – population, education, health, employment, poverty – Economic trends in Tamil Nadu.
UNIT-VI. Indian National Movement:
National renaissance – Emergence of national leaders – Gandhi, Nehru, Tagore – Different modes of agitations-Role of Tamil Nadu in freedom struggle Rajaji, VOC, Periyar, Bharathiar & others.
UNIT-VII. Aptitude and Mental Ability Tests:
Conversion of information to data-Collection, compilation, and presentation of data – Tables, graphs, diagrams -Analytical interpretation of data –
Simplification-Percentage-Highest Common Factor (HCF)-Lowest Common Multiple (LCM)-Ratio and Proportion-Simple interest-Compound interest area-Volume-Time and Work. Logical Reasoning-Puzzles-Dice – Visual Reasoning – Alphanumeric Reasoning – Number Series.
SYLLABUS – GENERAL ENGLISH
S.S.L.C. Standard (Objective Type)
PART A – Grammar:
- Match the following words and Phrases given in Column A with their meanings in Column B.
- Choose the correct ‘Synonyms’ for the underlined word from the options given
- Choose the correct ‘Antonyms’ for the underlined word from the options given
- Select the correct word (Prefix, Suffix)
- Fill in the blanks with suitable Article
- Fill in the blanks with suitable Preposition
- Select the correct Question Tag
- Select the correct Tense
- Select the correct Voice
- Fill in the blanks (Infinitive, Gerund, Participle)
- Identify the sentence pattern of the following sentence (Subject, Verb, Object….) Blanks with correct ‘Homophones’
- Find out the Error (Articles, Prepositions, Noun, Verb, Adjective, Adverb)
- Select the correct sentence
- Find out the odd words (Verb, Noun, Adjective, Adverb)
- Select the correct Plural forms
- Identify the sentence (Simple, Compound, Complex Sentence)
- Identify the correct Degree.
- Form a new word by blending the words.
- Form compound words (Eg: Noun+Verb, Gerund+Noun)
Part-B – Literature:
- Figures of speech are observed in the following Poems.
- Appreciation Questions from Poetry
- Important lines from Poems.
- Questions on the Biography of
- .Questions on Shakespeare’s
- Questions from Oscar Wilde’s
- Dr.Karl Paulnack
- Comprehension Questions from the following Motivational Essays
- Comprehension Questions from the following description of Places
- British English – American English
Part-C- Authors and their Literary Works:
- Match the Poems with the Poets
- Which Nationality does the story belong to?
- Identify the Author with the short story
- Whose Auto biography / Biography is this?
- Which Nationality does Poet belong to?
- Characters, Quotes, Important Lines from the following works of Indian Authors
- Drama Famous lines, characters, quotes from
- Match the Places, Poet, Dramatist, Painter with a suitable option
- Match the following Folk Arts with the Indian State / Country
- Match the Author with the Relevant Title/Character
- Match the Characters with Relevant Story Title
- About the Poets
- About the Dramatists
- Mention the Poem in which these lines occur.
- Various works of the following Authors
- What is the theme observed in the Literary works?
- Famous Quotes – Who said this?
- To Which period do the Poets belong
- Matching the Poets and Poems
- Nature centered Literary works and Global issue Environment and Conservation
TNPSC Group 4 Important Links
|TNPSC Group 4 Notification & Apply Link|
|TNPSC Group 4 Eligibility Details|
|TNPSC Group 4 Exam Pattern|
|TNPSC Group 4 Question Papers & Answer Key|
|TNPSC Group 4 Hall Ticket|
|TNPSC Group 4 Result|
Get Free Whatsapp Alerts
Save Below Mobile Phone Number 9035800941
Send your District name from Whatsapp to receive Govt job notifications.