TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus: Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) will conduct the Combined Civil Services Examination-IV in the state, for recruitment to eligible candidates under State Civil Services in Tamil Nadu. TNPSC Group 4 2020 notification for various vacancies will be released in the month of September 2020 and the exam will be in the last week of October/November 2020. The candidates appearing for TNPSC Group 4 exam 2020 should be aware of the examination pattern of the exam and syllabus. We are providing the details of the TNPSC Group 4 Exam Dates and Syllabus.
TNPSC Group 4 Exam 2020 – Important Dates
|TNPSC Group 4 Notification Publication||September 2020|
|Last date for submission of application||October 2020|
|TNPSC Group Exam Date||December 2020|
|TNPSC Group Exam result||January 2021|
|TNPSC Group Certificate verification||February 2021|
TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus
GROUP-IV Examination (S.S.L.C. Standard)
General Studies – Topics for Objective type
UNIT-I General Science:
Physics: Nature of Universe-General Scientific laws-Inventions and discoveries-National scientific laboratories-Mechanics and properties of
matter-Physical quantities, standards, and units-Force, motion and energyMagnetism, electricity and electronics -Heat, light, and sound.
Chemistry-Elements and Compounds-Acids, bases and salts-Fertilizers, pesticides, insecticides.
Botany-Main Concepts of life science-Classification of living organismNutrition and dietetics-Respiration.
Zoology-Blood and blood circulation-Reproductive system-Environment, ecology, health and hygiene-Human diseases including communicable and non – communicable diseases – prevention and remedies-Animals, plants and human life.
UNIT-II. Current Events:
History-Latest diary of events-national -National symbols-Profile of StatesEminent persons & places in news-Sports & games-Books & authors -Awards & honors’-India and its neighbors
Political Science-1. Problems in conduct of public elections-2. Political parties and political system in India-3. Public awareness & General
administration-4. Welfare oriented govt. schemes, their utility.
Geography–Geographical landmark economic– Current socio-economic problems Science-Latest inventions on science & technology
UNIT- III. Geography:
Earth and Universe-Solar system-Monsoon, rainfall, weather & climate water resources — rivers in India-Soil, minerals & natural resources-Forest & wildlife-Agricultural pattern-Transport including surface transport & communication-Social geography – population-density and distribution natural calamities – Disaster Management.
UNIT – IV. History and Culture of India and Tamilnadu:
Indus valley civilization-Guptas, Delhi Sultans, Mughals and Marathas-Age of Vijayanagaram and the brahman is-South Indian history-Culture and Heritage of Tamil people-India since independence-Characteristics of Indian culture-Unity in diversity –race, color, language, custom-India-as secular state-Growth of rationalist, Dravidian movement in TN-Political parties and populist schemes.
UNIT-V. Indian Polity:
Constitution of India–Preamble to the constitution- Salient features of constitution- Union, state and territory- Citizenship-rights amend dutiesFundamental rights- Fundamental duties- Human rights charter- Union legislature – Parliament- State executive- State Legislature – assembly- Local government – panchayat raj – Tamil Nadu- Judiciary in India – Rule of law/Due process of law-Elections- Official language and Schedule-VIIICorruption in public life- Anti-corruption measures –CVC, Lok Adalat, Ombudsman, CAG – Right to information- Empowerment of woman consumer protection forms
UNIT-VI. Indian Economy:
Nature of Indian economy- Five-year plan models-an assessment-Land reforms & agriculture-Application of science in agriculture-Industrial growthRural welfare-oriented programmers-Social sector problems – population, education, health, employment, poverty-Economic trends in Tamil Nadu
UNIT-VI. Indian National Movement:
National renaissance-Emergence of national leaders-Gandhi, Nehru, TagoreDifferent modes of agitations-Role of Tamil Nadu in freedom struggle Rajaji, VOC, Periyar, Bharathiar & others
UNIT-VII. Aptitude and Mental Ability Tests:
Conversion of information to data-Collection, compilation and presentation of data – Tables, graphs, diagrams -Analytical interpretation of data – Simplification-Percentage-Highest Common Factor (HCF)-Lowest Common Multiple (LCM)-Ratio and Proportion-Simple interest-Compound interest area-Volume-Time and Work-Logical Reasoning-Puzzles-Dice-Visual Reasoning-Alpha numeric Reasoning-Number Series.
SYLLABUS – GENERAL ENGLISH
S.S.L.C. Standard (Objective Type)
PART A – Grammar:
- Match the following words and Phrases given in Column A with their meanings in Column B.
- Choose the correct ‘Synonyms’ for the underlined word from the options given
- Choose the correct ‘Antonyms’ for the underlined word from the options given
- Select the correct word (Prefix, Suffix)
- Fill in the blanks with suitable Article
- Fill in the blanks with suitable Preposition
- Select the correct Question Tag
- Select the correct Tense
- Select the correct Voice
- Fill in the blanks (Infinitive, Gerund, Participle)
- Identify the sentence pattern of the following sentence (Subject, Verb, Object….) Blanks with correct ‘Homophones’
- Find out the Error (Articles, Prepositions, Noun, Verb, Adjective, Adverb)
- Select the correct sentence
- Find out the odd words (Verb, Noun, Adjective, Adverb)
- Select the correct Plural forms
- Identify the sentence (Simple, Compound, Complex Sentence)
- Identify the correct Degree.
- Form a new word by blending the words.
- Form compound words (Eg: Noun+Verb, Gerund+Noun)
Part-B – Literature:
- Figures of speech observed in the following Poems.
- Appreciation Questions from Poetry
- Important lines from Poems.
- Questions on the Biography of
- .Questions on Shakespeare’s
- Questions from Oscar Wilde’s
- Dr.Karl Paulnack
- Comprehension Questions from the following Motivational Essays
- Comprehension Questions from the following description of Places
- British English – American English
Part-C- Authors and their Literary Works:
- Match the Poems with the Poets
- Which Nationality does the story belong to?
- Identify the Author with the short story
- Whose Autobiography / Biography is this?
- Which Nationality does Poet belong to?
- Characters, Quotes, Important Lines from the following works of Indian Authors
- Drama Famous lines, characters, quotes from
- Match the Places, Poet, Dramatist, Painter with a suitable option
- Match the following Folk Arts with the Indian State / Country
- Match the Author with the Relevant Title/Character
- Match the Characters with Relevant Story Title
- About the Poets
- About the Dramatists
- Mention the Poem in which these lines occur.
- Various works of the following Authors
- What is the theme observed in the Literary works?
- Famous Quotes – Who said this?
- To Which period the Poets belong
- Matching the Poets and Poems
- Nature centered Literary works and Global issue Environment and Conservation